The newly renovated and wonderful “Holiday House Trakošćan” is located in Trakošćan, Croatian Zagorje, on an exceptional location, just opposite the outstanding Trakošćan castle.
The house is a Category III (***) and was completely renovated, the furniture as well as the other equipment is new. We started renting in 2014.
The house has two bedrooms upstairs (2 x 2 people). The kitchen has all the necessary equipment and dishes for cooking, a fridge, high-quality drinking water, a stove, an oven, etc. On the ground floor there is a bathroom with a shower and a toilet, and there is one more toilet upstairs. On the ground floor there is a living room with a large glass wall overlooking the Trakošćan castle, a large seating set adjustable for seating/semi-sitting/lying, a plasma TV, DVD player, CD/radio player, a dining table, air-conditioning and radiators and a wooden fireplace for colder days and a nicer atmosphere.
There is a barbecue at your disposal, with an outdoor table and benches overlooking the castle, as well as a hammock in the shade of sour cherry trees.
Parking is provided.
Pets, as well as smoking, are not allowed inside the house.
The house was refurbished with love and attention to details (there is a few antiques from the region, old photos of people from Trakošćan – Bednja region, books, the prints from eminent painters, social-games, brochures and a list of the attractions and activities in Trakošćan and the area, etc.). With a desire to be functional and simple but rich in content, we have tried to meet the needs of travelers and tourists, who can expected to find everything they might need, from comfort to information.
Relax by going for a walk around the lake or by sightseeing the Trakošćan castle (5min walk) or simply enjoy the peace and quiet of our living room, the wooden fireplace and the view of the castle. The view of the castle is visible from all parts of the living room – through a 5 meters long glass wall, from the bedroom (and the bed ☺), and of course, from the courtyard and the barbecue area. Our holiday house is the ideal place for a vacation, with peace and privacy guaranteed!
In the vicinity of the holiday house there is also the hotel “Trakošćan” with its comprehensive wellness programs (5min walk), the Forest Park Trakošćan and the Macelj forest and mountain Ravna gora (hiking). Also, a short driving distance away there are Ivanec (20km) and the Ivanščica Mountain (hiking), Krapina (21km) and the world-famous “Krapina Neanderthal Museum” and Strahinjšćica Mountain (hiking), Varaždin (42km) with numerous museums and its Old Town, beautiful gardens and the forest park Arboretum Opeka – Vinica (27km), and many other castles of Croatian Zagorje (Veliki Tabor, Maruševec etc.).
Enjoy nature walks, hiking, and other various sports activities (biking, fishing, paragliding, tennis…) or festivals and events in the vicinity, such as the Street-art Festival “Špancirfest” in Varaždin, the “International Festival of Lace” Lepoglava, the “Varaždin Baroque Evenings”, the “Festival of Kajkavian Song” Krapina, the “Ethno Festival” Cvetlin, etc. Welcome!
Capacity and position:
- Private house
- Capacity: max. 4 people
- Number of rooms: 2 bedrooms (one with a double bed and a view of the castle and one with two single beds), 1 living room (convertible furniture/bed)
- Distance from the castle: 5 min walk
- The price includes the rental of the whole house with the courtyard, terrace and all equipment available
- Free private parking is available in front of the house
- Woods for the fireplace and barbecue are provided
- WiFi is not available
- Final cleaning is included in the price, as well as electricity/water costs, etc. (in general, there are no hidden costs)
- Clean sheets, towels and other essentials in the bathroom and in the kitchen are also provided (toilet paper, soap, salt, sugar)
We speak foreign languages:
- Plasma TV
- DVD player
- CD/radio player
- Air conditioner
- Wooden fireplace
- Heating system (radiators)
- Iron / ironing board (on request)
- Vacuum cleaner
- 1 bathroom (shower / toilet)
- 1 additional toilet upstairs
- bath towels (2 per person)
- Cooking utensils
- Dishes for serving food and drinks
- Wine and champagne glasses
- The kitchen stove / ceramic hob
- Caffettiera (Italian Moka pot)
- Tap water – safe to drink
- Bedroom 1: view of the castle, bed dimensions 1,60 m x 2 m, high-quality mattress “Bernarda”
- Bedroom 2: 2 beds 90 cm x 2 m, high-quality mattress
- Safe box
- First-aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Brochures and a list of the attractions and activities in Trakošćan and the area, trips suggestions, hiking maps, etc.
- Badminton rackets
- Outdoor hammock
- Sour cherries, wild strawberries and hazelnuts in the courtyard… seasonal ☺
- Spices for cooking, tea, coffee
Baby crib – on request.
Pets – not allowed.
Smoking – is not permitted inside the house.
Check-in / Check-out:
Check-in time: from 14h
Check-out time: until 11h